Approved CDBC Program Graduates
- Create an online application.
- Official Transcripts sent directly from your University.
- Internship Verification letter sent directly from your University.
- Completed and notarized statutory declaration.
- Two pieces of photo ID (passport, drivers license, care card).
- Applying for RD(t) registration Q&A
Canadian Dietetic Registration Examination (CDRE)
The Canadian Dietetic Registration Examination (CDRE) is the national examination that tests the necessary knowledge, skills, attitudes and judgement required to practice dietetics competently at the entry level.
The exam is based on the Integrated Competencies for Dietetic Education and Practice and covers 5 domains: Professional Practice, Communication and Collaboration, Nutrition Care, Population and Public Health and Management. The CDRE is a four-hour, computer based, multiple-choice examination, offered twice each year, generally in May and November. The cost for each CDRE attempt is $600.00 CAD and is subject to change. The cost is determined by the Alliance of Canadian Dietetic Regulatory Bodies, which manages the exam. The maximum number of CDRE attempts permitted is three. Temporary registrants need to write the first CDRE sitting available. If the first attempt at the CDRE is failed, temporary registrants are permitted to practice only under the supervision of another full registrant of the CDBC. Those who fail a second attempt at the CDRE will have their registration revoked and must undergo an assessment and complete upgrading prior to the third and final CDRE attempt.
All those interested in taking the CDRE must submit an application for registration to the CDBC to be eligible to write the CDRE, applicants must first become Temporary Registrants of the College.
The CDRE is offered over a six-day period twice yearly. The next CDRE sessions dates are:
- May 17-18, 2021 Virtually
- November 22-23, 2021 Virtually
2021 CDRE Deadlines
- The deadline to register for the next CDRE is November 8, 2021.
- Scheduling period for CDRE sitting begins on September 13, 2021 and ends on November 12, 2021.
- If you have a specific accommodation needs for writing the exam, the deadline to submit your accommodation is September 27, 2021. Depending on the accommodation request, applicants may not be able to write the exam on their preferred date. Accommodation request are reviewed by a national committee. Specific information may be requested in order to understand your needs and confirm that you are eligible. We encourage applicants to send their request early to avoid additional delays to book the exam.