Approved CDBC Program Graduates
- Create an online application.
- Official Transcripts sent directly from your University.
- Internship Verification letter sent directly from your University.
- Completed and notarized statutory declaration.
- Two pieces of photo ID (passport, drivers license, care card).
The Canadian Dietetic Registration Examination (CDRE) is the national examination that tests the necessary knowledge, skills, attitudes and judgement required to practice dietetics competently at the entry level.
The exam is based on the Integrated Competencies for Dietetic Education and Practice and covers 5 domains: Professional Practice, Communication and Collaboration, Nutrition Care, Population and Public Health and Management. The CDRE is a four-hour, computer based, multiple-choice examination, offered twice each year, generally in May and November. The cost for each CDRE attempt is $525.00 CAD and is subject to change. The cost is determined by the Alliance of Canadian Dietetic Regulatory Bodies, which manages the exam. The maximum number of CDRE attempts permitted is three. Temporary registrants need to write the first CDRE sitting available. If the first attempt at the CDRE is failed, temporary registrants are permitted to practice only under the supervision of another full registrants of the CDBC. Those who fail a second attempt at the CDRE will have their registration revoked and must undergo an assessment and complete upgrading prior to the third and final CDRE attempt.
All those interested in taking the CDRE must submit an application to the CDBC. To be eligible to write the CDRE, applicants must first become Temporary Registrants of the College.
The CDRE is offered over a six-day period twice yearly. The next CDRE sessions dates are:
- November 23-24 2020 Virtually
- May 2021
2020 CDRE Deadlines
- Scheduling period for CDRE seats begins August 24 2020.
- If you have a specific accommodation needs for writing the exam, the deadline to submit your accommodation is September 25, 2020. Depending on the accommodation request, applicants may not be able to write the exam on their preferred date or location. Accommodation request are reviewed by a national committee. Specific information may be requested in order to understand your needs and confirm that you are eligible. We encourage applicants to send their request early to avoid additional delays to book the exam.
- September 14, 2020 – deadline to submit completed application to CDBC.
Seats for the CDRE are filled on a first come-first serve basis. CDRE scheduling information will be provided upon approval of the CDRE application.