Only individuals registered with the CDBC may use the title “Dietitian” or “Registered Dietitian” and practice the Restricted Activities stated in the Dietitians Regulation and the bylaws. You may not practice as a dietitian or use the title “Dietitian” or “Registered Dietitian” until your application for registration is approved by the College’s Registration Committee.
Who Can Apply
- Graduates from Canadian approved programs (See approved programs here Schedule E).
- Internationally educated Dietitians.
- Dietitians registered with other Canadian Colleges.
- Former Registrants.
- Full registrants may use the title “Registered Dietitian” or “Dietitian” and initials “RD”.
- Have to meet the following requirement to renew their license: submit an annual CCP, complete a criminal record check and Jurisprudence Examination every 5 years
- Temporary registrants may use the title “Dietitian with Temporary Registration” and initials “RD(T)”.
- Available for applicants up to a period of one year (renewable once).
- Must write the next available CDRE.
- May not practice as a sole and private practitioner.
- May not supervise another dietitian.
- Applying for RD(t) Registration Q&A
- Non-Practicing registrants may use the title “Registered Dietitian – Non-Practicing” and initials “RD (NP)”.
- Declare they will not provide dietetic services in BC.
- Wish to still receive communications from the college
- Do not have to submit a CCP, a criminal record check or complete the Jurisprudence Examination.